Whats in your hand

 20th October 2015


Fadhili is exhausted from the gardening we've been  doing until he's begged to go

sleep


I could have gone on and on but I need to rest and refill. 

Gardening helped keep my mind off things. 

It was going to be one of those days when putting one foot in front of another was going to seem daunting . But two beautiful things happened; a message from my childhood friend calling me his mashujaa (heroine) and a devotion straight from Gods heart to mine. 

I shared the devotional feeling like I was the only being in the world struggling and it moved me to tears to see those who acknowledged it in one way or another.

So from 9am we kept going and going in the garden. Fadhilis happy self wallowing in the mud and I lost in planning what flowers  goes where.

I was replanting some roses my mum planted 30 +years ago. The neighbour who had taken some cuttings  from mum was only to happy to share them with me; that was the second time this week with different neighbours. Indeed the seeds we plant today will be harvested by our children.  Plant well.

Mama Charles my content neighbour comes by and I am more than glad to see her. We chat and our hearts are both lifted up. 

I've been in a hole sick with worry with what I don't have and she reminded me, God cares only about what have.

He can work wonders when we hand over what we have in our hands for Him to use.

Moses had a stick

A shepherds stick which parted the Red Sea for 2 million + people to cross through 

A shepherds stick which turned bitter water into sweet water

I was worrying about what I didn't have. Not anymore. I looked at my very dirty hands and got a second wind to keep going.

Planting flowers .This time not for me but for Mama Charles. She always had guests coming to her house as she ministered to them in prayer. Surely an hour out of my day wouldn't hurt to beautify the front of her house.

So that's what I had. Flowers. And with the same enthusiasm and dedication I would have for a home in Runda was the same I had for her semipermanent home in the heart of rural Kenya, that's blessed so many lives. What's a few flowers really ?


What's in your hand?

A gift to fix electronics

Cars

Handy around the house?

Do you have a special place in the elderlys heart , or children ?

Cook

Sing

Play football 


Use the stick you have in your hand and bless another

You have more than you need

You have something someone  needs today

Share you


Comments