Everyday is a new chance to make things new.

 


My daughter calls me a vampire because at any cost I won't be out in the hot sun between 10am and 4pm when the African sun is at its peak. Its a bit hard being indoors given my work is outdoors but I sincerely feel like I will melt like butter.


Today I had to walk in the midday sun and it was nothing like I expected. It wasn't so hot despite there being not a single cloud in the sky. The air was filled with the smell of pine and the sounds I could hear were of children laughing and the occasional lowing of cattle. I couldn't even hear the sheep and goats I walked past grazing. And majestic Mt. Kenya had to make herself known in all this beauty.


The heart of the country is so refreshing for the soul. Its luscious green and peace and `unspoiltness`makes one believe life can be filled with newness, hope, freshness even in the scorching sun, even in life's tempestuous events. 


Whatever your seemingly dry situation, hold on. Find your country side experience, if its waking up half an hour earlier to still your soul , please do. Everyday is a new chance to make things new.


Blessed New year my friends.

Blessed New Day everyday this year

Comments