Fill Out The Form

 Them :Fill this form out

Me: ok


Scenario, Jesus has come to feed the hungry, give living water, heal the sick, set people free from demonic oppresion, heal the broken hearted. 

A crowd is gathering around Him. In the heat, the dust is rising.  The crowd is huge. I can barely make out the top of His head.


Them: Here  is a pen. Fill out every question on the form in print  and in black only.

Me: I quicly over it. It has about 2 pages and would take me at least 20 minutes.

The anxiety to speak to Jesus, or even sit at His feet is rising within me. In my head I am wondering if I saw right on the form. They asked I  wait at least 10 days to be able to speak to Jesus. It will have to be in a certain time frame, dress in a certain way . I will have to cover all my expenses and even then there's no guarantee He will attend to my needs.

Them: You have to explain your gift to Him. 

Me: Holding  the broken pieces of my heart. The shards have cut my hands so they are bleeding.  It's not a pretty sight but that is all I have to give Him. In there there is place He can enthrone Himself in my life.He can fix it, right?

I feel like screaming at this point it's been  30 plus years . I just want to see Healer, Saviour, Lord Teacher. That's all.


Them: What is the purpose of your visit? 

Me: All this time I've kept all my thoughts to myself.  Now I glare at them long and hard. 'Good day'. I say  Form unfilled. Bleeding hands and search for a corner.

Them: (not knowing or caring that i am not out of earshot) 'These people think they can just come to see Jesus. Who do they think they are. She's  not even married in the first place. Did you see the drunk who wanted to see Jesus?. Weuh! How about the one who was ati abused? People need to toughen up and stop crying victim!

I sit in a dusty corner on the ground away  from all the chaos and religious folk. The tears are flowing easily.  Quietly 

Love saw me

Love called me

'Come here' 

Tears blood and all, with no dignity, I run. I didnt care. I run.I run into His arms and I wept.I wept the unshed tears of the years

He let me. The sobs became guttral,  soul wrenching cries. The crowd melted it was Him and me and behind Him I could see a friend of Jesus who had been urging me to seek out Jesus only.

The love I felt was like a thick warm blanket.He didn't utter a word from His lips. I could hear in His spirit , scripture. Come all who are weary and find rest. I am The living water. Come like little children to me. You are Home. 

No money paid

No 'favours' exchanged.

Just pure love.

And just like that, my broken shattered heart was gone. And I had a new heart. Beating warm and strong.

Just like that.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light

John 7:37-39

Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.

Luke 18:17

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”



Comments