Teach Us To Number Our Days

Folding and putting away clothes of departed loved ones is hard.

So is putting away their jewellery , mulling on what to do with their tooth brush or face towel.

Choosing a head stone to replace the rotten cross over a grave and having a silent service alone isn't easy .

The pain doesn't last only until the funeral ceremony
 or when the clothes are dispatched
or when the estate matters are resolved.

 The pain can last years and years after. Never undermine the reality and depth a bereaved person is going through.

I never wish anyone death nor it's sting but it is inevitable as lifes journey.

I find the last few weeks death has preoccupied my mind. Not for any apparent reason, but I found the other day l am less prepared for it than I thought.

I was shopping and suddenly there was a huge bang in the kitchen of the supermarket whose one entrance is close to the kitchen .

I froze.
Rapid thoughts.
I've not cooked lunch for the kids;
I won't see my grand kids:
Are my kids prepared for life ?

Since then, I am more appreciative of every moment.
Deep cleansing breaths
I sleep in the middle of the bed
I sing loudly
Hugs linger
more honey, less sugar
Not everything matters.

Lord teach us to number our days .
May we live each day fully to your glory
May we live abundantly each day as you've promised is

Comments