Teething

Fadhili crawled today .

Some funny moving thing on his stomach .
Quite fast really .

Then at one point he tested his 7 teeth on my elbow.
Then pulled my face towards me to taste me.

 9months of a roller coaster journey but one thing is for sure we are taking off to great things ahead.

 I envision  towering 16 year old with broad shoulders and a fuzzy moustache caught between manhood and childhood uncertain.

Curious stares today from my breast feeding son; peering at me almost asking , what's this world about mummy. 9 months later outside of you.

I am thankful.

His sister talked to him today from school . She too is teething; her adult teeth . She says they are painful .13 &  adolescence has its share of challenges. Currently its handling her increased responsibilities balancing her school work, her spiritual life, her social life with her peers and at home too.

I too am at a new growth stage as I stand cautiously from the side, shakily,  not too sure how far to go without taking over and not letting my children burst out of their chrylasis to be the butterflies they should be when they should.

Surrendering this one over to you Lord and hold my hand. Whisper gently in my ear which way I should go.
Give me your wisdom, show me your knowledge.


My good friend of many years Kevin Matabutu   was buried today . Probably at the very same moment I saw Isaac crawl .

The cycle of life.

This life definitely isn't in my hands.

Read somewhere we should be grateful for the breath we've been lent.

Breathing, living, isn't our right. its a gift .

Blessed every moment friends.

Comments