That Season

The Christmas tree is finally up!

Of course its not anything next to the trees the Lord has on His beautiful earth with stars twinkling in the background and the luminous moonlight glowing on them in a perfect symphony.

Sadly I cannot post the  the pictures. My three year old son is trying very hard to blow out the Christmas lights and his fifteen year old sister is giving an interior decor critique I cannot wrap my mind around.  So tomorrow I know everything will be redone by darling duo to some magical Christmas tree that reminds me without a doubt its not for me, nor about me..... Though I love the whole look, smell and reminder of what this evergreen tree is all about.

In the country it's a simple pruning of a overgrown tree plonked in an old bucket with more than enough soil. Then throw on decorations that work for us. Old toys, paper cuttings.

Its fun doing it together as a family  as the reason for the season is rekindled,  and the 2000+ year old story is retold for the umpteenth time but some how its an ageless tale that does not grow old. To my 3 year old it will be more understandable than last year. To my 15 year old I pray it renews her purpose to serve God. I am in awe and wonder why I in my many years deserve such grace; but its mine given with love, light and authority.

Blessed Festivities friends . You have more than you believe you have for you and enough left over to share. Even your presence may change someones year. Give of you to your loved ones, your enemies. Its a precious gift. You are precious

Comments