Thread A Needle

Evangelism could be a huge event, well coordinated and endless resources used but even threading a needle too can be Evangelism. Offering a place to rest can be Evangelism.

She was an elderly lady. Wealthy by any standards and somehow circumstances had thrown us together to live together for a period of time.  It wasn't long but it was enough time for us to realised we were both hurting deeply.

Her wealth could not take the physical ailments away not the pain in her heart. Her cars remain parked in the the garage as her eyesight wasnt quite the same and she had noone to drive her around.

Her clothes remained unmended because she couldn't thread a needle.

Her garden showcased the most beautiful plants but her vases were empty.

My heart was crushed, my spirit weakened. My body aching. I couldn't afford to quit but my hope was nonexistent.  The joys i had were my sons smiles and my potted plants. My strength would have to come to raise a strong keenly observant daughter.

It couldn't have been a month but, together the love of God did a work in us. She gave us a cradle to heal and regain strength. I threaded her needle and sewed her favourite red jacket. Her vases sat with new life in her house with fresh flowers ever so often.

Some years have rolled by.  Today she sounded like a little girl on the phone.  Her body is completely healed. Her heart healed.  She moved away to a warmer place in more ways than one and the love of God is her sunshine.

I too have moved to a happy place surrounded by more flowers than i could count or hope to have and healed. My children are like bamboo, thriving.

Thread a needle
cut a flower from her garden
Take her baby pictures
Take him for a drive
Speak of the love of God
Provide an oasis

Today is good enough to try
They need you

Comments