In My Lap

Kitty isn't ideally affectionate. He won't be held for too long and apart from the foot fetish he has, kitty is good to go without petting, hugs and cuddling.
The poisoning incident has seen somewhat of a change to that. Kitty will not leave my side, day or night. Today he has actually planted himself on my lap. I am happy. Any write up says that stroking a cat lowers your blood pressure. But I panic Kitty grows bigger every time I pet him. We both thrive from my petting him. I am happy, he grows.
People come into our lives, sit in our laps so to speak not for nothing. They are there for us to grow, to get better, both of us. Our children, spouses, teachers, employers, all are in our lives for a reason. Love them.The harder it is to love them, the earnesty to grow in a certain perspective in our lives.
One lap we confidently shouldn't come out the same from is God's lap. We should leave changed, grown, content. Then again why leave His lap?
Kitty just exposed his belly for me to rub so as I sign off have a life basking, trusting, His hands will not harm you, that they'll gently hold you, prod you to grow with love, protect you, guide you to your right place.
In His lap.

Comments