This is For the Scrooge In You

('Title hummed to the tune, 'This is for the cool in you', Baby Face)
The mythical character of Christmas tales is remembered in the middle of the year today sometime close to June.
Unforgiving, ungiving. Unkind, mean, impolite. Ungrateful, suspicious, complaining, sourly. Focussed on one person; him.
He always makes me so sad living such a dark life. Almost like a room untouched by light or fresh air for years on end. He see's no fault with himself but see's fault with others.
Not until he is visited by the ghosts (reality) of the past, present and future, does Scrooge have a life changing moment; a purge moment is what I'd like to call it. Light, fresh air, music come pouring in and even his stature changes. He smiles , his face lights up, almost glows. He now sees the big picture standing out looking in on his life. Though well advanced in his years, he's taking his new gift of a fresh lease on life seriously to love and enjoy each moment to the fullest; with his new perspective ; its not about him. And rather than it being precipitated by an external dramatic event, it was an internal, personal quiet decision.
Light replaces dark.
Scrooge isn't a mythical character but rather a little bit of him exists in us. My prayer everyday is to have a 'purge moment' every hour, every minute. A moving away from me and moving closer to others, to God. My old Scrooge man exists but I desire to silence him completely.
Light and darkness cannot share the same space.
I can't do it on my own strength and I pray Lord purge me continuously that I glow with my new me as I was intended to be. Lets pray this prayer together, shall we?

Comments