Showers at 3am

Smell of wet pine. Yum. Open windows at 23.23 hours for fresh air. Moonlight. Slow music. Original Lionel Richie. Romantic love is not bad. Another love comes to mind.Thoughts of princess. She says she'd rather play football with the boys than gossip with the girls. My call came at the wrong time she says. She just scored a goal. She's watching a movie now. She pleaded we celebrate my birthday just after hers. She thinks the world of her mum. I wish i shared her sentiments.It won't last but I'll indulge myself. Someone should have warned me about growing up. Sister called at 5 something am and said theirs no manual to parenting. Time irrelevant. My heart was longing for princess I confessed. Her smell. Her hugs. Her toes. Her sleep talking. Her. She had blisters on her precious hands from the monkey bars. Wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. My princess.
Mothers Day was tough. But 3 am. showers make more sense. It shouldn't matter its Mothers Day, I learnt. It shouldn't matter what day of the week it is, what hour of the day it is. Whether its my favourite or my worst. Its here and another chance to get it right. Time is irrelevant. Now is when.
Julio Inglesis. Its Late Date I am listening to I discover now. The music is better than the hip channels. What really counts revealed.
3am showers because I don't smell good are better than routine showers.

Comments