Phoenix

Phoenix have always fascinated me. Its mythology they say but I see phoenix everyday. He rose from the literal rubble of his home torched by his neighbours and rebuilt his family a home once more.
Her body ravished by disease, abandoned by family. Weak, she needed to fend for her young children. She called me recently to celebrate God's goodness on her birthday. She invited her family.
Her friends walked away when she hit ground zero. They said he'd never change. They still arose.
Rather than sit with the rubble on its grand wings, the phoenix in pictures stands, strong, regal, in splendour. I could almost hear its wings take their maiden flight; feel the gust of wind in my face as it takes off. The ash and rubble fall off its strengthened body and wings. It flies free with nothing for it needs nothing but the wind below its wings.
Fly free phoenix, fly strong.

Comments