Prowoman

Eating humble pie is not one of my delicacies.
Today I am lying down from eating a large portion. A sore topic; the empowered modern, woman. She is confident, independent, assertive. Emasculate the male and you're doing even better.
After a while, anything prowoman, profeminist, eventually became a school of thought I chose to steer far from. Why you may ask? From the simple basic perspective we were made to compliment rather than compete each other as opposite sexes. Its no battle of the sexes, its rather a dance of the sexes. I have been very exhausted from the emasculation of our brothers, fathers, sons. Aren't women the primary nurturers? So who makes the men as they are? So shock on me today when I, having little choice, watched the Womans show on a local tv channel. Expecting male bashing in large proportions, but rather it was a very balanced and more so informative on a taboo topic, domestic violence. No bias presented itself and a man who previously was violent was on the show; with his wife. The presenter was candid yet sensitive to his reform as well as others in the show who had been abused. Both male and female.
To me the woman is strong yet gentle, knowing when to bend not break, nor break another. Thats the prowoman I am.

Ps I am a woman for those who dont know.

Comments