there was calm

There was calm
The storm was raging no more
Yes, a hot tear just fell down my face
But this time round that’s all that would fall
That’s all that could fall
She couldn’t hurt me no matter what else she said

That same morning, the tears flowed freely from a place deep inside
The hurt I felt matched no other in a long time
His words stung like no other
I was numb

Now there was a calm
It was silent
The storm was over

It made sense now
For what I stood for was true, was right, was mine
They couldn’t take it away
Not them. No one could
Standing on the mountain top shouting and screaming wouldn’t change their reality of the situation
It wouldn’t change mine.
I will say my piece quietly, truthfully, happily, for I believed it was true

They could hurt me only as far as I let them

Picking the nuggets of gold, the lessons from the storm
I was walking on
Now the storm was over

Comments