Why I Am The Richest Woman In The Southern hemisphere

She let me walk with her through one of the toughest journeys one could walk. It was humbling to see God connect us and see us through at such depth. 

He is a minimum 10 years younger than me and is wiser than men 10 years my senior though he has never gone past 4th form

When with him my heart jumps with joy just by his genuine warmth and kindness

The watchmen and barmen all have their stories to tell

The pump attendant about to burst into tears reminds me to step out of myself and empathise

He sent me birthday cards (yes plural) and they are still up one year later

It must have taken him lots of time and effort to get to a cyber café as you see, he is lame

The cab driver who was very hurt when I didn’t ask him for help when I was in trouble and I was being too stubborn to ask

I have been taught who family are

My family have become those who have allowed me to mourn with them

To celebrate with them

Those who have shared their hearts

The children who gave me a flower, or a poster with spelling mistakes

The drunk fellow who goes through our garbage

The kiosk guy who gave me 20 bob credit

To the friend who honours her promise and restores my faith in integrity

For the ailing mother who goes above and beyond herself to  see my children and me through

The friend who cares in ways I could never repay 

For the friends and strangers who would give me a second chance.

For a God who loves me 

Without each one of them I would not be me

I am the richest woman in the southern hemisphere because of them

That they would offer their most treasured possession, I thank them

That they would offer their prayers, their time, their thoughts, a smile, themselves, nothing

I thank them

For because of them I am the richest woman in the southern hemisphere

Comments

and to think i am not yet thru! met some gems to add into my cown i am greatly humbled