Skip to main content

Popcorn Surrender


Did you know Princess makes the most delicious popcorn? I don't say that just because she's my precious, smart, funny, thoughtful, beautiful daughter. Her popcorn really is worth considering having the seeds in the monthly shopping budget.
Now I was taken aback by that one. You see I didn't teach her. She learnt it from her aunty and had another lesson from an uncle who's a manager in the week and a Sunday School teacher on Sunday.
It was humbling and an eye opener my precious is ours; not just mine. She is our child. But how did we get there? It meant I had to let her go and spend time away to be with others and learn from them. Lonely nights without her have found me in her bed and fighting the strong desire to call her aunty everyday to talk to her but quelled by their gentle rebuke to let her be. Mama Bear they call me.
But Sundays popcorn was the eyeopener she is a whole mix of our fingerprints in her life. Her little world is yet to get bigger in time and my continued prayer, there will only be fingerprints that build her to be the best she can be.
One set of finger prints I desire most of all over her life continuously are those of the Father. Those can only be firm yet gentle, filled will love, with protection. His fingerprints that say His intentions are only the best for her life. His fingerprints that bless her everymoment. Fingerprints that will correct, rebuke, teach her in love. Fingerprints that say, you are mine, I love you child.
But to do that I have to let her go, surrender her into His hands. Teach her about those hands that will hold her better than my own. I'll have to explain when she asks why they are scarred. She'll one day say that she can see something engraved in His palm too. I'll prod her to look closer. And I can imagine the wide eyed suprise she'll give me as she exclaims, 'my name is engraved on His palm!'
And that will be worth every moment of surrendering my precious princess

Comments