Number Our Days

Folding and putting away clothes of departed loved ones is hard. So is putting away their jewellery , mulling on what to do with their tooth brush or face towel.
Choosing a head stone to replace the rotten cross over a grave and having a silent service alone isn't easy .
The pain doesn't last only until the funeral ceremony or when the clothes are dispatched or when the estate matters are resolved . The pain can last years and years after . Never undermine the reality and depth a bereaved person is going through .
I never wish anyone death nor it's sting but it's inevitable.

I find the last few weeks death has preoccupied my mind . Not for any apparent reason but I found the other day i am less prepared for it than i thought . I was shopping and suddenly there was a huge bang in the kitchen of the supermarket whose one entrance is close to the kitchen .

I froze . Rapid thoughts, I've not cooked lunch  for the kids; I won't see my grand kids; are my kids prepared for life ?

Since then I am more appreciative of every moment . Deep cleansing breaths, I sleep in the middle of the bed. I sing loudly, hugs linger, more honey, less sugar . Not everything matters.

Lord teach us to number our days .
May we live each day fully to your glory

Comments