Make Not Break

Kitty has fully recovered. He's not the same. His stomach is protruding further. He's more secure, more content, definitely more protective. He won't be shaken and sticks by me faithfully. One comment was he's a guard cat.
Many times, we're never the same after a painful encounter. I learnt recently, we shouldn't be...almost a transitional, celebrational point. However insane that may seem, our pain isn't for nothing.
I've struggled with mine. Everyone does. Today I heed a stern word of caution. Treat other people's pain carefully. Don't underrate it, underplay it, tell them to get over it. Their pain is real and honour it as such. Everyone hurts and to treat their pain gently means they will treat others kindly with their pain or else we'll let someone will die from their pain in more ways than one. Let people be all they should be and don't let their pain break them so they die. Walk with them.
I swear Kitty will answer me in English one of these days. He seems to appreciate it was a turning point to survive the poisoning. So much lies ahead for us. No looking back on our pain. Only on the endless hope that lies ahead. Lets be makers, not breakers.

Comments