Am Not 5 Feet Tall

Thats the truth. Am 4 feet 11 and and a half inches tall. Many children above 9 are taller than me. Almost all teenagers. Adults I compete with are my 96 year old grandma and kids under 10.
But that doesn't mean dear, short, lovely, wonderful me doesn't or shouldn't grow. I determined a long time ago, each day wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't remain as I was at 6am. I would get better by 6pm. But to do so you have a vision, direction in which to travel. But thats a discussion for another day.
Am not yet 5 foot tall but I am not stuck in time on that one fact. My dear neighbours call them deen o sars, creatures of the old that didn't adapt to change. And then they died. I struggle with the thought they are not mythical creatures. How, why didn't they adapt? Only their skeletons in dusty museums, convince me such tragedy happens. Truth is I wake up drenched in a cold sweat from a dream, I am the same as I was 6 months ago. We must grow. I read somewhere the misery of life lets us put on a coat of armour. Problem is is it resists your growth though it protects you.

Life happens. Its miseries, its tragedies, but its real miseries, tragedies are being where we were 6months ago, 5days ago.
She says I don't keep in touch, yet I should to sustain my relationships. He says I struggle with ...fill in the blank. Isn't it possible to move on from that point and be better, to grow.
Am moving on and not repeating the tales of yesteryear. Am moving on and not repeating the mistakes of last week. You see, I must grow. Will you?

Comments