Seeds of hope

She shows up at the strangest of moments. Just when I need her.

Dressed in filthy clothes, there she is at my doorstep with a smile. And a hopeful heart. Both times I have been overwhelmed by my seemingly daunting circumstances but she quickly transports me to a place I need to be; depending on my anchor. The gleam of hope in her 14 year old eyes that I could do something for her and the 6 children she has to support reminds me i have choices. To turn my heart to her or not.

I chose today to see it as a moment God stood on my doorstep behind her as He said, "Gakenia, she has been here when your stores are full and today when your stores are depleted but is that all you have? Have you no hope to provide her with? No true promises. Have you not a living God who has supplied your needs in the past? Isn't He the same God who loves them too? Won't He care for them too?"

Prayers of hope and pleas for protection and provision were made. Initially shakily but with conviction. At the close of the prayers, I am reminded of various seeds I purchased several months ago. Could these be symbolic of my own hope in Him bearing fruit one day? Could they see one day it will get better.

My inability to provide not just materially is the beginning to appreciate all the more where my true source is. WhatIi really need, rather than what I want. May we nurture our seeds of hope with true conviction for the labour of of heart shall bear fruit.That there is hope

Comments

Unknown said…
nice article,for the bible says,blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.