Do you really want your hearts desires?

Be careful what you pray for because you might just get it

In the search for a closer and real relationship I told God that I want so much to love Him even more. But there’s just one problem, when I know little of being loved, how can I love you? Please let me have someone who can love me and me love that I may understand this fleeting thing that feels like it lacks yet is such a wonderful thing.

If you grant me this Lord, I said, I would not love you less nor would they replace you Lord, they would only enhance my love for you.

And sure He did. She hadn’t tasted the sweetness of His love. Like many of us, she longed for love but didn’t know she would need the love that would quench this longing in the depth of us. Its just an innate need. Not just superficial, earthly, human love, something more than that.

Her need resounded like many of ours. We wash it in down in alcohol, fancy clothes, cars, our children our husbands, drugs, our so called passions. Yet the vacuum lies there like a gaping hole that needs to be filled.

She couldn’t by her own strength. There must be more to life than all this, she said. There were no forth coming answers so she said she would end the struggle that made no sense. Life is tough without this question even being factored in.

And here started Gods rehearsal to strengthen my heart muscles. Needed to stretch them for the real thing. My heart was stretched to limits I never knew. Knowing that the love she was looking for was hers for free. No talking, no threatening, nothing could convince her of the goodness, the truth, the depth of His love. He said this was His to teach us all, not just me what love is. All of us, thus I share this story.

60 plus sleeping tablets ingested, best team of nurses and doctors and 48 hours later, she was up and about but dissatisfied she failed. We were thanking God for yet another miracle on her life. All indications were it was a full fledged battle not in the realm as we know it. So nothing physical we did could do much here. He said Let Me take over here.

And life went on. School, work, kids, traffic. At the back of our minds we knew it’s not over yet but we weren’t ready for what came next. They say it was just a cut on her leg that caused it but know the battle had gone full fledged. In a week her blood was poisoned enough to have her readmitted in serious condition. She found out God is not through with her so she let out cry for help. 3 days later a stranger at her bedside told her, the battle is over and He has it in control. Could she believe He loves her with a love beyond all? She said she did and desired to let Him take charge.

Even now, dear friend, my tears fall with love for you,

Tears for the pain that you must have felt,

Tears for the joy that you are free

Tears of joy that you are in the arms of the definition of love

Tears in the comfort that we will grow old together

Old together in His love,

Tears of gratitude and reverence of you Lord.

Thank you for teaching me love


My heart has been stretched for real

I never knew I could love like this.

Could you love me like this

...and more Lord?

Comments