The loaf of bread I bought for Zawadi yesterday

Zawadi loves bread

So I chose to buy her a loaf of bread

The loaf means I walk into the supermarket

A loaf of bread means it didn’t last as long as as it did 6 months ago, shes growing… or are they making the loaves smaller?

I might need to buy another loaf , I might need to buy jam, I might need to buy something else like scones for variety, I might need another loaf just in case her friends stop over….

It means I buy a grater to make her cheese sandwiches for school break next week when school opens school

It also would means I should be ready for the grater to be turned into an experiment toy before then… Yes indeed...to turn endless little pieces of bar soap into snoflakes (hereby coined snosoapcheese. another word to our own private collection)! Shes in the meanwhile discovered the different textures she gets when she uses the different sides.

With the joy all this gives me, and to do this all over again, I have to get up tomorrow and appreciate this loaf of bread in the special light it deserves.

She doesn’t need to know the details but I would do it, enjoy it again and again… love is effortless, she reminds me. What does she give me in return you ask? Hope. Beauty. Promise. Her smile, her laughter, the need to get up and make her sandwiches, the need to buy the bread.

Why do you give? Why do you do what you do? Sacrifice, love, duty?… whatever the reasons let Zawadis love of bread remind us when it comes with love and spontaneity its easier, its real.

Comments